The Virtual Art Academy® eBook Reference Library
As part of your Virtual Art Academy® Apprentice Program membership, you will collect the most comprehensive and structured art reference library available anywhere, on how to paint in any medium. Each month you will get a new art eBook that will take your painting to a new level. Designed for display on any mobile device such as an iPad, you can carry the complete library with you all the time on your Android or iOS device, wherever you are.
The complete Virtual Art Academy® eBook Reference Library currently consists of 58 eBooks and over 1500 illustrated pages in PDF format that cover everything you need to know about painting. it is suitable for all media, whether you work in oils, watercolors, acrylics or pastels. Our students have told us they have found this library to be so complete they will never need to buy another art eBook. The result of a fifteen year research project, by British artist, Barry John Raybould, the Virtual Art Academy® Reference Library contains material you will not find anywhere else.
Join Our Mission
The Virtual Art Academy® eBook Reference Library is not static — it is a living entity. The mission of the Virtual Art Academy is to capture all the important knowledge on how to paint from around the world and put it into one easily accessible place. As a result the knowledge base is constantly evolving as more information is discovered and added to the core base of information. As a Virtual Art Academy member you become a part of this important project. We encourage our students to share any knowledge they learn so that it becomes part of the core knowledge base.
Our Three Differences
Here are the three key differences between the Virtual Art Academy® eBook Reference Library and having a large collection of art books from a lot of different sources:
- Each eBook is part of an integrated library written by one person, so all the terms used are consistent across all 58 eBooks, and clearly defined. You do not get that consistency with other art books. This will save you a lot of confusion while you are learning.
- The Virtual Art Academy® eBook Reference Library is comprehensive and covers all the information you would get in a four-year degree program at a prestigious art academy. Our students tell us they have found material here that they have found nowhere else, even though they own hundreds of art books!
- Each eBook is written using the most up-to-date writing methodology that ensures the eBooks are easy to read and understand. No other art reference library uses this methodology to our knowledge (it is called Information Mapping®). That is why our students consistently tell us this is the most easy to read art instruction they have ever read. It is perfect too for non-native English speakers, since the eBooks contain lots of pictures to explain all the principles of painting.
Click on an image to see a larger version.
Clickable table of contents (outline)
Search for any term
Easy to read formatting with lots of pictures
Two-page display option
Add personal notes
How It Works
To get access to Virtual Art Academy® Apprentice Program and eBook Reference Library is simple. Just follow these steps:
- Simply become a member of the VAA (you will be billed monthly).
- Each month download your new eBook and open it in Foxit MobilePDF or any other pdf reader.
It is as simple as that. You can cancel your membership at any time and owe nothing. The eBooks you already have are yours to keep for ever.
Join the Virtual Art Academy® Apprentice Program now and get this FREE signup bonus:
- Twelve eBooks on Materials & Equipment for the artist covering: pigments, mediums, varnishes, brushes, painting supports, plein air equipment, how to set up your studio, and the best easels and pochade boxes to use. Includes information for the oil painter, acrylics painter, and watercolor painter.
This bonus is free with your first membership payment for you to keep for ever – even if you cancel your membership.
- Your membership will automatically renew each month on a monthly subscription basis unless you cancel it.
- You can cancel any time and owe nothing. The eBooks you have already downloaded are yours to keep for ever.